“Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin.”
The Truth We Seek
Truth is often defined not by ourselves, but by others.
It takes a real determination to begin the search for truth.
And… it is a very difficult search I assure you.
There is so much to wade through.
There are so many opinions and so many sayings do this or do that…
We always think we have enough time.
Do we really?
How far are you willing to reach deep inside yourself? Are you willing to really think? Are you willing to seek so that you may find? It is very easy to just skim the surface and not make any real changes in ourselves.
It is easy to simply pay lip service and present an illusion to the world. If that is your attitude, then look no further, you have made your choice. Just remember though, illusions have a way of crumbling sooner or later. If you want to begin a soul search, then do it now and leave the games behind.
Use this lifetime wisely.
The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
- Remain close to the Great Spirit.
- Show great respect for your fellow beings.
- Work together for the benefit of all mankind
- Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
- Do what you know to be right.
- Look after the well-being of mind and body.
- Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
- Be truthful and honest at all times.
- Take full responsibility for all your actions.
We join spokes together in a wheel, but it’s the center hole that makes the wagon move. We shape clay into a jar, but it’s the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want. We hammer wood for a house, but it’s the inner space that makes it livable. We work with being, but non-being is what we use. So often we forget what is important and what is not. This is when we need reminders.
These reminders come in all manner of ways and it is up to us to recognize them for what they are.
She who is centered… can go where she wishes, without danger.
She perceives the universal harmony, even amid great pain, because she has found peace in her heart… the choice is yours…………